[ZODB-Dev] ZODB and ORBit-Python problems

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Tue, 22 May 2001 11:51:06 -0300 (BRT)

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Jim Fulton wrote:

> Do employees keep track of their sales? Or do you have a collection of
> sales? Where are sales stored? Loading the entire database to get a
> subset of the objects seems like a bad thing.

I assume having employees track sales would be of limited use, and high
overhead, since they supposedly generate Very Large Numbers of sales. I
see a collection of sales as the better solution. The question of where to
store them is a good one; for what I've seen discussed (and suggested in
Andrew's dox) using one of the BTrees classes would be useful. However,
I'm not too sure what the best approach to indexing the sales would be.

I guess my original post suggested using a flat list to keep sales, which
would indeed touch all objects. Still, the need to check all objects for
data remains. Whether or not they are all loaded at the same time is a
separate, implementation-dependent, issue.

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311