[ZODB-Dev] ZODB and ORBit-Python problems

Tue, 22 May 2001 11:47:43 -0400

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 12:07:10PM -0300, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
>In this area would a query language and structured storage make ZODB
>excel, but from the lack of response it seems like a whole separate
>category of TODO items -- Nice-To-Have-But-Kinda-Remote-Possibility :-)

I'm growing to think that a query language isn't really necessary,
except for tick-list completeness.  It would be different if this was
a Java or C++ database; where even simple tasks require a lot of code,
a query language can be a big timesaver.  But in Python, the
implementation is a lot more straightforward, so a special query
language doesn't buy you as much.

--amk