[ZODB-Dev] CHAP with ZEO

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Wed, 23 May 2001 11:47:14 +0200

Hi Bill,

--On Montag, 21. Mai 2001 20:31 -0600 Bill Anderson <bill@libc.org> wrote:

> On 21 May 2001 19:29:06 -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>> As Andrew said in an earlier message, we do a disservice to the
>> community if we promote a system with a security infrastructure that
>> we know is substandard.
>
> And we do a far greater disservice if we let perfection be the enemy of
> progress.
>

> IOW, "It's less than perfect, so we shouldn't do it" is a worse policy
> than providing minimal capability. And that seems to be the policy I am
> seeing here.

Erm no. We are talking about security here. And for security
false or week security is much worser then no security.

This is because week security lets people think: "hey, I have security
here. So I dont worry about its limitations"
If there is no security, people think "ok, I have _no_ security, so
I must be careful with the way my data flows"

Take care,
Tino