[ZODB-Dev] Using Catalog and BTrees

John D. Heintz jheintz@isogen.com
Sat, 26 May 2001 13:32:42 -0500

I don't think it could be implemented (at least efficiently) without hack=
ing=20
the code.  I was letting my mind wander about how to provide orthogonal=20
optimized indexes in the ZODB and this seems a possible place to get that=
 of=20
that.

On Friday 25 May 2001 14:04, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2001, John D. Heintz wrote:
> > Perhaps  Persistent objects could be made to follow the observer patt=
ern
> > wrt Indexes.  That is when an object is first added to an Index any
> > update to that object could trigger a reindex call on any 'observers'
> > automagically.
>
> John, how would this be implemented without hacking on
> Persistence.Persistent? Can the observer be a third-party object? (Digs
> into GOF Patterns..)

In the GOF Pattern Observer is a third-party object and the Subject is th=
e=20
one that needs the code changes.  That is Persistent would be the Subject=
=20
that Catalog Indexes would observe.

> Take care,
> --
> /\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
> ~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311

John

--=20

John D. Heintz | Senior Engineer

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX 78752
T 512.633.1198 | jheintz@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m