[ZODB-Dev] ZODB queries (was ZODB and ORBit-Python problems)

John D. Heintz jheintz@isogen.com
Sat, 26 May 2001 13:46:29 -0500

On Friday 25 May 2001 14:03, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> On Wed, 23 May 2001, John D. Heintz wrote:
> > What criteria would the ZODB use to determine whether Person instance=
> > was auto-indexed in the EmployeeIndex and Person instance Y was auto-
> > indexed in the CustomerIndex?  Or would there only be one index (per
> > field) per Class in the ZODB that was shared across all uses?
>
> John, I've kept your email because I've been thinking about it. I think
> implementing indexes _inside_ ZODB is quite a change, and it's somethin=
> Jim would have to approve!
I agree totally.  I just thought it was an interesting idea an decided to=
=20
throw it over the fence.

> However, I've been entertaining the thought of a StandaloneCatalog for =
us
> non-zopers, and today I'll start working on it. I'm thinking pretty man=
ual
> to start off: it'll just be a simple frontend for creating and maintain=
ing
> Indexes, and I'll probably just implement text and field indexes since
> it's all I need ATM. If somebody's interested, let me know.
This is definetly a first place to start.  I will help out however I can.

> Take care,
> --
> /\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
> ~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311

--=20

John D. Heintz | Senior Engineer

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX 78752
T 512.633.1198 | jheintz@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m