[ZODB-Dev] ZEO on NT upgrade hints?

Dunigan, Craig craig.dunigan@esker.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 09:56:57 -0500

Jeremy,
I set environment variables

STUPID_LOG_FILE=D:\Zope\var\ZEO_LOG.txt
STUPID_LOG_SEVERITY=-300

Results are a bit strange.  Here's the entirety of ZEO_LOG.txt after a
failed start.py:

------
2001-05-30T14:30:40 INFO(0) ZEO Server Serving 1:
<ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage instance at 844860>
------
2001-05-30T14:30:40 INFO(0) ZEO Server adding channel <StorageServer  at
9667a0>
------
2001-05-30T14:31:05 INFO(0) ZEO Server closing channel 164:<StorageServer
listening :8800 at 9667a0>

Not especially helpful.  However, this time stderr on the console gave me an
exception error message:

D:\Zope>D:\Zope\bin\python D:\Zope\lib\python\ZEO\start.py -p 8800
uncaptured python exception, closing channel <StorageServer listening :8800
at 9667a0> (exceptions.TypeError:too many arguments; expected 2, got 3
[D:\Zope\bin\lib\asyncore.py|poll|64]
[D:\Zope\bin\lib\asyncore.py|handle_read_event|284]
[D:\Zope\lib\python\ZEO\StorageServer.py|handle_accept|181]
[D:\Zope\lib\python\ZEO\StorageServer.py|__init__|231]
[D:\Zope\lib\python\ZEO\smac.py|__init__|100])

This error message seems familiar to me; I may have seen it at some point
this weekend as well.  It seems unlikely to me that simply setting some
environment variables would suddenly produce error output, and since the
error looks familiar, I may have reported incorrectly earlier when I said
that start_zeo.bat gives no error.  Things got a little confused over the
weekend in my frustration when the upgrade didn't go smoothly.  I'm unused
to that; everything I'd done with Zope and ZEO up to then had been golden.

Thanks again for your help.

Craig Dunigan
Web Programmer
Esker Software - Extending the Reach of Information
mailto:craig.dunigan@esker.com
Ph. 608.273.6000
Fax 608.273.8227
http://www.esker.com