[ZODB-Dev] memory or cache leak?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:21:05 -0500 (EST)

  AD> I'm not sure what to try next.  I'll try staring at C code, but
  AD> barely have an idea of what's going on.  Does anyone here have
  AD> any hints?

I can offer hints only, as I don't understand how the cache works.

I tried running your example code with StandaloneZODB.  I made the
following changes:

    - Commented out the Catalog-related stuff; it's not part of
      StandaloneZODB and didn't appear to be used by the app.

    - Change the object size from 128*1024 to 32*1024, because I've
      only got 256MB of memory on my machine.

When I run the test in that mode, its memory consumption does seem to
grow quickly.  The cacheSize() returns a large number, but I'm not
sure why.

If I change the arguments to cacheMinimize() and cacheFullSweep() from
0 to 4, the memory usage seems to be capped at 37MB.  The cache size
still seems to grow frequently, but it occasionally goes down.

Jeremy