[ZODB-Dev] Subtransactions, cacheMinimize()

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 09:02:50 +0000

Michel Pelletier wrote:

>   - commit subtransactions instead of transactions every % 1000.

What's the difference here? I always assumed that in a situation like this you
might as well do full transactions rather than subtransactions since you can
choose the number of operations before committing anyway.

Is that an incorrect assumption?

> I think the problem is, when you pass 0 as a argument it runs in the
> following code in cPickleCache.c:

yup, someone else pointed that out to me when i first started hitting these
problems :-(

> This value is then passed into gc_item
> for each object in the cache which does nothing if dt is logicaly false
> (see line 155 in cPickleCache.c).

Why is that behaviour needed?

cheers,

Chris