[ZODB-Dev] Problem with Bsddb3Storage.copyTransactionsFrom

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:46:42 -0500

    JH> I believe None is passed to store() when an object is created.

This is interesting.

Our current test suite assumes that serial will be ZERO (i.e. '\0'*8)
for an object creation store() call.  Berkeley assumes the same
thing.  If I'm reading FileStorage.store() correctly, I think it will
work in either case.  The storage interface specification is silent on
this.

Clarification sought.  If we must accept serial=None for object
creation, then we'll have to add some test cases for this, and fix
Full.store().  But you're probably right, because otherwise
FileStorage couldn't get a None for serial unless it's corrupt (or
what does Jim prefer to say?  Inconsistent?).

-Barry