[ZODB-Dev] Loading objects directly by OID

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 19:31:25 -0500

On 05 November 2001, Barry A. Warsaw said:
> Could it be a version thing?  I.e. is the object living in a version
> other than the one you pass in to the load() method?

Unlikely, since we don't make any use whatsoever of ZODB versions in our
database.  (Don't understand them, therefore don't trust them.)

> IOW, AFAIK, there's no other way for ZODB to load an object's pickle
> from a storage except through load() and loadSerial(), so if you can't
> load it directly from the storage that way, Something Else must be
> going on.

Yeah, I need to trace through what happens when ZODB loads objects
"implicitly", ie. by following object refs.  Perhaps that will shed some
light.  Tomorrow...

        Greg