[ZODB-Dev] Loading objects directly by OID

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 17:39:51 -0500 (EST)

  GW> This is what it all boils down to: object A appears to reference
  GW> object B, but B's OID is not in the storage.  Is this a bug in
  GW> our code?  A bug in ZODB?  A corrupt storage?  A possible
  GW> occurence of the corner case Barry explained yesterday?  (A refs
  GW> B, removes ref to B, commits, storage packed, B gone from
  GW> storage but still in memory.)

  GW> Any ideas?

I think we can be pretty sure that you've got a reference to a
persistent object that is not in the storage.  But I don't think the
most recent message sheds any light on why.

What attributes does a WaferDescription have?  Is one a
DimensionCollection?  In what ways can the methods of a
WaferDescription modify its state?  Is there any code that modifies a
WaferDescription, but isn't a method?

Jeremy