[ZODB-Dev] StandaloneZODB release: when?

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:43:11 -0500

On 15 November 2001, Neil Schemenauer said:
> It removes a feature that some people might want (i.e. automatic
> restarting of the ZEO server if it dies).  I would say it should not go
> in.

IMHO that particular feature should be implemented differently.  Your
small change to zeod makes running a ZEO server such a vastly more
pleasant experience that words do not suffice.  ;-)

(To the non-MEMS-Exchangers: Neil removed all the stuff from zeod that
made it go into an infinite, unkillable loop of printing tracebacks to
your terminal if it fails to open the storage, eg. "permission denied"
or "some other process has it open already".  In the meantime, I gave it
a proper #! line so "ps -fC zeod" actually works.  These are great
administrative usability improvements!0

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org