[ZODB-Dev] Yet more ZEo weird error messagism :-S

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 08:49:07 -0400 (EDT)

The serendipity of detecting bugs continues to amuze and delight me.
Jens Vagelpohl reported a very similar problem yesterday.  Is there
any chance you have a MemoryError traceback in the logs for your ZEO
server?

    Aside: I'm going to change the code in zrpc to include a comment
    on line 228 that says "see server error log."  The exception
    raises there is the result of an error being propagated from the
    server.  The client-side traceback is largely uninteresting; the
    server-side traceback is crucial.

If you do have a MemoryError on the other end, you should grab the
latest source for the zeo-1_0-branch of the CVS repository.  I fixed
it last night to avoid consuming excessive amounts of memory when it
logs information.  It may be possible to run the server with python -O
to achieve the same effect; I am not completely certain that this is
sufficient, though.

Of course, I may be jumping the gun.  Does the server log show
something other than a MemoryError?

Jeremy