[ZODB-Dev] Sample applications?

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:48:55 -0500

Does anyone have a sample application that uses ZODB, but not Zope? I'm
looking for something that goes a bit further than the examples included in
Michel Pelletier's articles. If I can't find one, I plan to create one.
Would anyone else be interested in such a thing?

One idea I had was to start with something extremely simple, like a note
organizer. There would simply be two types of objects: notes and folders. A
note would have a title and body, both strings. A folder would have a title
and could contain both notes and other folders, in a typical hierarchy. This
application should be relatively trivial, but useful enough to actually be
used by someone on their desktop. I would probably do the interface in
wxPython. Anyone care to help? Any other ideas for possible applications?

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech (http://www.orbtech.com)
"I am, therefore I think."