[ZODB-Dev] How do you "wake up" sleepy persistent objects?

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:59:26 -0500

When a persistent object is in the ghost state, it appears that the results
of dir(object) are not the same as when the object is in some other state.
It also appears that doing dir(object) wakes up the object (albeit, after
the fact) so that a subsequent dir(object) returns the results that you
would expect.

Is my description correct? Is this expected/known behavior? Is this behavior
documented anywhere? Are there any other "gotchas" I need to be aware of
related to this? Is there a "correct" way to "wake up" a ghost?

(With Halloween right around the corner, you'd think I'd have a good joke
for that last question. Hmmm... How do you wake up a ghost? By pulling off
his sheet? I don't know. Where are my kids when I need them?)

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech (http://www.orbtech.com)
"I am, therefore I think."