[ZODB-Dev] another strange zeo error and zeo with ZLogger

Joseph Wayne Norton norton@alum.mit.edu
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 13:05:12 +0900

Chris -

I should have been more explicit.  I meant using the MailingLogger
with the zeo storage server.  I have already been using the
MailingLogger with the zeo client without any troubles.

I had to make the following patch to have the zeo storage server mail
warning messages, etc. using the MailingLogger product.  It has been
working quite well in test and production for about 1 week or so.

- j

diff -c start.orig.py start.py
*** start.orig.py       Thu Oct  4 15:58:21 2001
--- start.py    Thu Oct  4 16:17:15 2001
***************
*** 223,228 ****
--- 223,234 ----

      if detailed: os.environ['STUPID_LOG_SEVERITY']='-99999'

+     # support for MailingLogger
+     import zLOG
+     import ZLogger
+     import Products.MailingLogger
+     zLOG.log_write = ZLogger.ZLogger.log_write
+
      from zLOG import LOG, INFO, ERROR

      # Try to set uid to "-u" -provided uid.