[ZODB-Dev] ZEO with mixed windows/linux clients

Christian Theune ct@gocept.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:40:16 +0200

--xgyAXRrhYN0wYx8y

Hi.

I have following infrastructure set up:

			Browser

			   | (http://portal)

                      Apache Rewrite Engine (--> http://portal.localdomain:=
10079/portal)

                      balance (RoundRobin)  (--> http://server1.localdomain=
:8080/port, http://server2.localdomain:8080/portal ...)

                    /      |     \
               server1  server2  server3
	      (w98)     (linux)  (linux)
                    \      |     /
                     \     |    /
                      zeo master
                        (linux)

This is a simple testing configuration, where i just wanted that everybody =
at my home
is participating in rendering the local portal, because my router (server3 =
and linux)
is a simple 166mhz station which is really slow.

Well I set Zeo up end every thing was running, but when adding the Windows =
ZEO Client
things got weird.

The Windows ZEO Client says "Object <Portal at 4y32y493982> not found at ..=
.", but every
other ZEO Client was finding and rendering it.

When I went into the management screen of zope, everything was there, the p=
ortal (CMFSite),
and I could edit it, except that the "View" tab wasn't avaible.

Now I created a cmfsite on the windows machine and the same thing happens f=
or the linux
ZEO Clients, ('Object not found at ...') and the also where able to edit th=
e objects
in the Management Screens.

Is there anything to be aware of when mixing windows an linux Zeo Clients?

Regards
                          =20
=09
			  =20
--=20
Christian Theune - ct@gocept.com
gocept gmbh & co.kg - schalaunische strasse 6 - 06366 koethen/anhalt
tel.+49 3496 3099112 - fax.+49 3496 3099118 mob. - 0178 48 33 981

reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,[chr(ord(x)^42) for x in 'zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b'])

--xgyAXRrhYN0wYx8y

--xgyAXRrhYN0wYx8y--