[ZODB-Dev] ZEO server leaks FDs.

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:50:29 -0400

On 17 October 2001, Anthony Baxter said:
> Using ZEO 1.0b4, Python2.1 (no cyclic GC), Solaris 2.7:
[...]
> This is very, very bad.

Yikes -- good catch.  I get the same behaviour with whatever version of
ZODB we're running -- I *think* it's from Andrew's SF repository, which
I *think* has been sync'ed to Jeremy's 1.0b4 release.  I'm also pretty
sure that our Python (2.1) has GC enabled.

I think I would agree with Anthony's "very, very bad" assessment.  This
might explain why our ZODB-backed FastCGi script gets wedged every
couple of days, and needs to be manually restarted to bring our web site
back to life.  Hmmm.

        Greg