[ZODB-Dev] ZEO server leaks FDs.

Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:12:58 +1000

>>> Jeremy Hylton wrote
> Can't recall any good techniques for debugging GC problems.  (Neil?)
> The fact that the SEGV is in the gc code is not at all surprising.  It
> tends to tickle pointer bugs that might otherwise go unnoticed.

There's actually a couple of different bugs here I've been hunting - one
obscures the next, which obscures the next... the only one that's definately
ZEO related is the FD leak. The other two are unrelated to ZEO[1], as far as
I can tell.

Anthony

[1] GC segfaults on Solaris, and Zope2.4 RestrictedPython is
cycle-o-riffic so can't be run without GC. it's all fun and games here.