[ZODB-Dev] ZEO server leaks FDs.

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:57:55 -0400

On 17 October 2001, Andrew Kuchling said:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:50:29AM -0400, Greg Ward wrote:
> >I think I would agree with Anthony's "very, very bad" assessment.  This
> >might explain why our ZODB-backed FastCGi script gets wedged every
> >couple of days, and needs to be manually restarted to bring our web site
> >back to life.  Hmmm.
>
> It might well explain the problem; good job, Anthony!  I just ran a
> little loop to consume all of the ZEO process's file descriptors:

On second thought, this might not be the cause of our problems.  I
thought killing the Quixote process (our ZEO-backed FastCGI script)
"fixed" the problem.  That's directly contrary to FD starvation being
the culprit, since this "fix" will just make the ZEO server consume two
more FDs.  And I also don't see us making 2048 connections to our ZEO
server every couple of days.  It just doesn't add up.

Should definitely keep on eye on our live ZEO server with lsof, though.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org