[ZODB-Dev] Problems with ZEO/ZDB on Win2K

greg landrum drgergl@mindspring.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:36:02 -0700

[Win2K, ActiveState Python 2.1.1, Zope 2.4.0]

When I run ZEO on my Win2K machine (with: python start.py -p 777), I can
run the following script a single time:

from ZEO import ClientStorage
from ZODB import DB
store = ClientStorage.ClientStorage(('192.168.1.103',777))
db = DB(store)
conn = db.open()
root = conn.root()
root['foo'] = 'bar'
get_transaction().commit()
print root['foo']

If I try and run it a second time, the script hangs while trying to make
the DB connection.  I've waited a couple of minutes for this to resolve
itself, but it does not appear to do so.

If I kill the server process and start over, I can once again connect a
single time.

I have identical problems with ZEO v1.0b4 and a CVS pull done yesterday.

If it makes any difference, I'm doing all of this without having Zope running.

Repeated connections from the Win2K machine to a server running linux
appear to work just fine.

Am I doing something stupid, or is there an odd bug causing this problem?

-greg