[ZODB-Dev] Using zodbex' change modules functionality

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:52:47 -0400

Morten W. Petersen wrote:

> I'm changing the name of a product, and when doing this, other products
> that rely on this product don't work anymore.
>
> Will the zodbex change modules module be able to help me fix
> this?

Ack, don't use the change modules script yet!  I haven't even finished
or tested it.  (Unless you really know ZODB innards and would be willing
to truncate your data.fs if necessary ;-) )

For now you can use module aliases.  ChrisM recently posted a message on
one of the Zope lists about it and there might be a howto somewhere.
Actually, maybe it's even documented in the developer's guide (where it
should be.)

Shane