[ZODB-Dev] ZEO bandwidth requirements?

Dunigan, Craig craig.dunigan@esker.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:04:32 -0500

Greetings,

Can anyone tell me the minimum bandwidth requirements for a ZEO client to
server connection?  My IS manager recently put a PacketShaper on our frame
relay link that connects my remote ZEO clients to my local ZEO server, and
capped the bandwidth available to them at 32KB.  This seems quite small to
me, but is it sufficient?  Naturally, performance of the remote Zope servers
has suffered tremendously when they have to pull a new or modified object
over the frame, and I'd like to be able to argue that ZEO requires greater
bandwidth to function properly.

Craig Dunigan
Web Programmer
Esker Software - Extending the Reach of Information
mailto:craig.dunigan@esker.com
Ph. 608.273.6000
Fax 608.273.8227
http://www.esker.com