[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage pack screwy.

Andrew Sydelko sydelko@ecn.purdue.edu
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 18:16:31 -0500

Chris McDonough wrote:
> > I called it on a ClientStorage and then watched the StorageServer.
> > After using lots of CPU, it started spitting out a Data.fs.pack and
> > then after a while it stopped growing. And now it just sits there
> still
> > using the old database (before packing).
>
> Was a Data.fs.old created on the storage server?  Are you sure it's
> still using the old database?

There is no Data.fs.old, just Data.fs, Data.fs.index, Data.fs.pack,
Data.fs.lock, Data.fs.tmp, and Data.fs.in.

The size didn't change any (either reported by the ZMI, or by
ls -l) And lsof doesn't show python using the Data.fs.pack after
it stops writing to it.

> If so, are there any errors in the ZEO event log?

I didn't have it turned on. It's turned on now and I'm
trying another pack. I'll let you know what the results are.

--andy.