[ZODB-Dev] Packing BIG fat Data.fs

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Sun, 02 Sep 2001 10:58:23 -0500

Hi Bak,

	Looks OK to me.. my only comments are:

	Since you aren't really doing anything very helpful in the 'execpt:' clause,
why not just let the exception happen and then you might get some clues to tell
you what happened.

	For folks not currently using ZEO (say folks running 5 or 6 Zope instances on a
single machine) it seems to me that the memory tax of running ZEO would be
significant, since each instance will need it's own ZEO server, at least one
client, and another client while your script is running. When my single client
is running in object/memory equilibrium, how much memory is consumed by the
client and the server? How does this compare with a "simple" stand alone Zope
instance under the same circumstances? I'd like to be wrong about this, since
ZEO is really slick!

	Anyway.. neat trick!

take care,
-steve