[ZODB-Dev] Packless, Mountable FileStorage?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:32:10 -0400 (EDT)

  CMcD> Chris Withers wrote:

  >> for me, the big win with ZODB is it's "batteries included"
  >> stuff. If I need a database to store the data then I might as
  >> well go for something like PostGres or Oracle and be done with
  >> it.

  CMcD> Except that Postgres and Oracle are both pretty slow in
  CMcD> comparison to bsddb.  OracleStorage, untuned, is about 30
  CMcD> times slower than FileStorage on the same hardware.
  CMcD> bssdbStorage on the other hand is about 2 times slower than
  CMcD> FileStorage.  bsddb is also easier to develop for.

Do you have any real data to back these claims up?  It would be great
to have some solid performance figures for the various storages, but I
didn't think we had any.

jeremy