[ZODB-Dev] Packless, Mountable FileStorage?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:24:05 -0400 (EDT)

  >> Jeremy Hylton wrote:
  >> > Do you have any real data to back these claims up?  It would be
  >> > great to have some solid performance figures for the various
  >> > storages, but I didn't think we had any.
  >>
  >> It's all anecdotal... the Oracle numbers come from Jim's
  >> unscientific and unrecorded tests,

  HK> OTOH I remember that someon also mentioned that the numbers were
  HK> much better for Oracle once the storage grew huge

Right.  The numbers we currently have aren't very useful, because they
are unreproducible and are not necessarily related to any typical or
important usage of a storage.  Rectifying this situation is a priority
for the fall.

Jeremy