[ZODB-Dev] Weird Error Message

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 23:06:21 +0100

Jim Fulton wrote:

>>Thinking out load: Since the index file is just an optimization, I
>>wonder if we should catch errors like these and fall back to
>>recreating the index.
>>

> Yes, you can always delete the index. Zope will recreate the index
> on a pack or when a FileStorage is explicitly closed. (e.g. on Zope
> shutdown).

In the past, I've been quite glad of the existence of the index. I've
restored almost all of the data from a seriously corrupted FileStorage
Data.fs  where the index couldn't be recreated by using the index file
instead. The corruption was caused in the first place by a power failure.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer