[ZODB-Dev] install problem

Ravindra pravindra@yahoo.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:23:25 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,
  I have unpacked and moved the ZEO directory to zopeinstall/lib/python.
  I am using python2.2, Zope2.4.1 and ZEO 1.0b4

  I am getting the following error(s) when I run it

   python lib/python/ZEO/start.py -p 1111

   /usr/local/lib/python2.2/FCNTL.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL
module is deprecated; please use fcntl
  DeprecationWarning)

/usr/local/Zope-2.4.1-linux2-x86/ZServer/medusa/producers.py:263:
RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module zlib: This Python
has API version 1011, module zlib has version 1010.

  import zlib
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "lib/python/ZEO/start.py", line 268, in main
    import ZEO.StorageServer, asyncore
  File "lib/python/ZEO/StorageServer.py", line 89, in ?
    from smac import SizedMessageAsyncConnection
  File "lib/python/ZEO/smac.py", line 90, in ?
    import asyncore, string, struct, zLOG, sys, Acquisition
ImportError: lib/python/ExtensionClass.so: undefined symbol:
PyMethod_Function

  Why do I never understand what python has to say ?? I always run in to
some kind of problems whenever I try to install something.

Thanks,
-Ravi