[ZODB-Dev] Eek!

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 02:08:23 +0100

> Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> >
> >   CW> Would I be particularly out of order in stating that this
> >   CW> appears to be a shocking oversight in FileStorage?
>
> You wouldn't be out of order, but I wouldn't agree with you in the
abstract.

Huh? Sorry, lost me after the comma there...

> This specifica case is a pretty bad bug.

This is what I thought ;-) It's mighty worrying to suddenly find you hit a
2GB limit on a Data.fs which should only be a coupla hundred MB but has been
experiencing a lot of failed transactions...

> > I assume that a pack removes this data.  If it doesn't, then that's a
> > shocking oversight.
>
> It does, but it throws away any subsequent transactions.

OK, now this is _really_ worrying me, under what specific circumstances
would you see subsequent transactions being lost? How can I fix this
problem?

cheers,

Chris