[ZODB-Dev] Commit seems to succeed but does'nt

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:57:14 +0100

Cyril Elkaim wrote:

>     Christian,
>
>     Thanks. It seems that we'll go back to PostgreSQL for what we want.
> We have to many objects with too many relations between them. If we must
> create a Mapping for each type...

It all comes back to how you arrange your data. It's probably the case
that there's a more natural way to arrange your data in the ZODB than
just duplicating the pattern you're using in a relational database.

Quite often, you need to think about your data a bit differently to get
the benefits from an OO database.

You'll probably want to look at using BTrees and such.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer