[ZODB-Dev] Commit seems to succeed but does'nt

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:21:49 -0400

>	We have a "classic" database to implement (persons, items for each of
>them, relations between). Of course we can do that with ZODB, and, in
>fact, it's much simpler that creating SQL tables and writing wrapper
>code. Our problem is that many user can access and *modify* this
>database at the same time.

By *modify*, do you meaning adding objects or changing attributes of
existing objects?  If objects are being added quite frequently, then I
believe you would have ConflictErrors when the same BTree is modified
to add new objects.  If your additions went into different nodes there
might not be a ConflictError, but that would be difficult to
guarantee.  But if the modifications are to attributes of a particular
object, then there shouldn't be any conflict unless two processes try
to change the same object.

--amk