[ZODB-Dev] Latest news: core dump with small change to POSException.py

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:32:47 -0400

On 26 September 2001, Jeremy Hylton said:
> It's a fairly obscure problem that occurs exactly because the
> exception is set in C and the attempt to construct the exception
> instance fails before any Python code is executed.  I think I can fix
> it, but I think the proper forum for further discussion of the bug is
> python-dev.

Sounds like you have a good grasp of that.  Shall I let you write up the
bug report or post to python-dev or whatever?

> It means that the ConflictError changes need to be prepared to deal
> with the arguments passed in C code.  We'll need to check all the Zope
> C code for PyErr_SetObject() where the first arg points to
> ConflictError.

Is this as simple as recursively grep'ing for "ConflictError" in
StandaloneZODB/.../*.c, and inspecting the code found in the
neighbourhood of that identifier being used?  If so, I'll take a crack
at it -- looks like it only happens in a handful of places.

        Greg