[ZODB-Dev] ZEO pack

Fri, 28 Sep 2001 11:07:26 +0100

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:31:13 +0100, "Chris Withers"
<chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:

>> Exactly the same in PythonScript, or in dtml:
>>
>> (untested, and I am way out of practice at dtml at the moment)
>>
>> <dtml-let "a=3D[]">
>> <dtml-call "a.append(a)">
>> </dtml-let>
>
>sorry for asking, but this seems to have strayed a loooong way off =
adding a
>wait option to manage_pack.
>
>What am I missing?

The value of the 'wait' parameter would be supplied by the ZEO client,
marshalled to the ZEO server using zrpc.py, and checked by the packing
code on the ZEO server.

If it is possible for a through-the-web user to arrange for the value
of the 'wait' parameter to be a cyclic object then zrpc.py will
explode, and the ZEO client process (ie Zope) will dump core.

The naive implementation of adding a wait option to manage_pack would
allow just that vulnerability.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com