[ZODB-Dev] ZEO Upgrades to Existing Production Cluster

Eric Roby Eric.Roby@noaa.gov
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 07:46:49 -0600

With the scurry of new releases in the next few weeks, I have a question
regarding best-practices in migrating to the new releases.  I have
recently setup a production configuration and all is working well.  I am
(making a BIG assumption here) thinking that all I have to do to bring a
new  release online is to replace the curent versions of ZEO on the
storage server and client storages, restart the servers and everything
will be cooking.  Am I wrong in this assumption?

Also... I have a question regarding zdaemon on the storage server.  Is
it suppose to function as it does on the client storages?  I have been
able to get the root process to bind correctly and SUID.  The client
storages work as expected...

Thanks in advance

Eric