[ZODB-Dev] source control using ZODB versions?

Brian Slesinsky bslesins@best.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:38:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I'm using StandaloneZODB to make something like a Wiki.  I was
thinking of using versions for source control, but there are some actions
that make sense in a source control system that I'm not sure how to do in
ZODB:

 - find out whether an object is currently checked out and if so,
by which user (which version)

 - find all the objects that the user has checked out (that were modified
in the user's version)

 - undo the checkout for one object (revert to what it was before being
modified in the version, without aborting the version).

Are these things possible in ZODB?  Does it make sense to do this at the
ZODB level?

Also, I can't seem to find a definitive API reference.  Does one exist?

Brian Slesinsky