[ZODB-Dev] source control using ZODB versions?

Michael Twomey michael.twomey@sun.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:01:09 +0100

Hi,
   This is also something I have been thinking about. I was wondering
what would be involved in "layering" a versioning/branching (in the
source control sense) system on top of the ZODB? Or better still
integrating this in? This would make the ZODB a viable backend
replacement for RCS/SCCS in tools like CVS/Aegis/subversion which in
turn would expose the source under the source control to programs like
Zope. Also I can see many Zope CMF style sites where
versioning/branching would be very useful (in fact one of the movies on
Zope.com features this doesn't it?)

Am I mad or is this a reasonable endeavour?

mick