[ZODB-Dev] connection leak in Transaction?

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 12:04:57 -0400

Brian Slesinsky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried using the transaction= parameter in db.open() to have my
> connections automatically freed when the transaction finishes.  However
> this doesn't seem to work.  It looks like commit() is calling
> free_transaction() without closing the connections in _connections.  The
> __del__ method doesn't close the connections either if self._objects is
> empty.

I doubt that anyone ever used this feature before. If we were writing
that code today, we'd cry "YAGNI" (Ya aint gonna need it!) and not include
it. :)

If you need it, feel free to fix it and give us a patch (with a
unit test :), otherwise, we should at this to the to-undo list. ;)

Jim