[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Persistence-sig] "Straw Man" transaction API

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 08:46:57 -0400

    >> Barry A. Warsaw wrote
    >> Say you had savepoint(t1), savepoint(t2), and savepoint(t3)
    >> where t1 < t2 < t3.  Then you rolled back savepoint(t1) and
    >> then try to rollback savepoint(t3), you'd get an exception
    >> right?

    AB> If you have multiple savepoints in the same transaction,
    AB> should you be allowed to roll back the one that's not the most
    AB> recent? To my brain, this doesn't make sense...

I think (but am not sure) that the idea was that rolling back to an
earlier savepoint would roll back all the intermediate ones.

In either case, it means the savepoints have some shared state so that
the proper exceptions would be raised if you Did Something Nasty.

-Barry