[ZODB-Dev] [ZODB4] - Shouldn't the new object be added to Connection._created ?

Ury Marshak um@hottech-israel.com
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 23:20:34 +0200

Thanks Jeremy, it's great!

> One recent change is that the transaction manager
> doesn't implicitly abort a transaction on ConflictError, so the
> get_transaction().abort() call is now important.

Does this mean that we have an option to somehow fix the
problem and than restart the transaction? Would be nice to
be able to sync only the conflicting object (how, btw?), reapply the
changes and re-commit

Also it seems that if the app code dies while handling the
error before doing get_transaction().abort() , it leaves the
server in a locked up state - when restarted, the program
hangs on commit(). (I can cook a small example, if you need
it)

> I'll checkin the ZEO changes on a branch, if you want
> to have a try.  I'll also checkin a document summarizing the key
> changes in current CVS.
Got it from ZODB4-ZEO-branch ,  one tiny buglet (running on windows) :

  File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\ZEO\start.py", line 55, in set_uid
    LOG('ZEO Server', INFO, ("Can't set uid to %s."
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'uid' referenced before assignment

changed to 'arg' to run, and it worked great.

Ury