[ZODB-Dev] [ zodb-Bugs-597158 ] POSKeyError out of the blue

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:44:36 +0100

On Thursday 22 Aug 2002 6:21 pm, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>   >>
>   >> Restarting the strorage server and the ZEO client appears to have
>   >> solved the problem.
>   >>
>   >> I don't have any ideas off the top of my head.  It is likely that
>   >> the POSKeyError was raised by the underlying storage
>   >> (FileStorage, I assume)
>
>   TD> Are you using a recent cvs version, or 2.5.x? If I remember
>   TD> correctly you have previously had problems with FileStorage
>   TD> fsindex getting confused by 2.5.x BTree bugs.
>
> I don't remember Chris having this problem.  Can you explain what the
> problem was?

There have been several reports of POSKeyError and other FileStorage prob=
lems,=20
where everything starts working again after shutting down Zope and deleti=
ng=20
the Data.fsindex file. I dont remember seeing any such bugs back when=20
FileStorage's index was a plain dictionary.

So far all these reports are from people using 2.5.x. Not from earlier=20
versions (which use a plain dictionary) or later versions with Tim's BTre=
e=20
bug fixes

So, Chris, which version was this on?