[ZODB-Dev] ZODB Frontend: SecureZEO

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:54:56 -0400

Anthony Baxter wrote:
>>ZEO has its own home-grown RPC protocol that uses Python pickles.  It
>>is certainly possible to extend this protocol with authentication.  If
>>you are interested in working on it, I can lend a hand, but I don't
>>have the cycles myself.
>

> Rather than trying to roll your own, you'd probably be better off wrapping
> it with stunnel.

We've had this discussion before. ;-)  The previous conclusion: it
should be possible to configure ZEO to require a simplistic,
non-encrypted password to connect, so that people with local access to a
box don't automatically have free reign.  Then to make secure
connections between boxes, use ssh, stunnel, or a private network.

Shane