[ZODB-Dev] [ zodb-Bugs-597158 ] POSKeyError out of the blue

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:51:13 +0100

Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 Aug 2002 7:52 pm, noreply@sourceforge.net wrote:
>
>>2002-08-19T13:22:38 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state
>>for '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x05tr'
>
> All the same oid? just two or three different oids? many different oids?

At least several different oids, it appeared to be many different oids but I may
be mistaken.

>>I don't have any ideas off the top of my head.  It is likely
>>that the POSKeyError was raised by the underlying storage
>>(FileStorage, I assume)

Yup, that was the case, sorry if I didn't make that clear in the bug report.

> Are you using a recent cvs version, or 2.5.x? If I remember correctly you have
> previously had problems with FileStorage fsindex getting confused by 2.5.x
> BTree bugs.

2.5.1

So, when do these BTree bugfixes land? I'm hoping in 2.5.2...

Jim Fulton wrote:

 > And Chris, did you delete the index file?

All I remember doing was shutdown all the ZEO clients and the storage server,
and then start then all back up. However, the index is deleted if it can't be
read properly anyway (a fix Jeremy put in ages ago IIRC).

cheers,

Chris