[ZODB-Dev] [ zodb-Bugs-531595 ] Documentation and Code Mismatched

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:01:30 -0700

Bugs item #531595, was opened at 2002-03-18 21:55
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=115628&aid=531595&group_id=15628

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The ZODB/ZEO Progamming Guide 2.1.2 Installing the
Packages is wrong. Can be replaced with a note about
reading the README, or simply lifting the bits from the
README that explain how to install. Prolly the easiest
fix is just to remove it completely and maintain
install instructions in an INSTALL file, per GNU
standards.

Re: 2.4 Writing a Persistent Class, a note that
Persistent classes don't work with Py 2.2 new-style
classes (i.e., ones that inherit from object) would
have saved me a few hours of frustration. (I don't know
whether or when this restriction is going away, but
having it explicitly noted in docs till it does would
be v. helpful.)

Re: 2.4, the example code does not work now:

  import BTree
  ... = BTree.BTree()

2.5.3 is, at best, misleading since, or so it seems,
AMK's new isinstance() and issubclass() are no longer
needed. (I'm not sure this is right, but if it is, this
section should be removed.)

Re:  2.6.1 -- would be nice of the XXX-marked bits were
completed.

Re: 3.2.2 ZEO Installation -- I haven't gotten this far
because of a weird ZODB bug but, again, if the ZEO
install procedure has changed, this should be updated
or removed.

Re: 4.4 Multithreaded ZODB Programs -- this *really*
needs at least some kind of example code.

Re: 5.1 and 5.2 -- The PersistentMapping and *List
stuff has been integrated into ZODB, and the docs
should reflect that, including some indication of how
to import them and from where; that's not at all clear
as things stand right now. I still haven't quite
figured out how to import PersistentList.

Re: 5.3 B-tree Modules -- This is not in synch with the
code; BTree is OOBTree now, and that should be
explained.  (Further, though this isn't a bug, a
BTreeFactory would be *very* welcomed.)