[ZODB-Dev] ZODB4 project plan

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com (Jeremy Hylton)
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:36:43 -0500

  GW> [Jeremy, to me]
  >> I'm not sure why you say that every application outgrows the one
  >> thread, one transaction policy.  I have found it works exceedinly
  >> well for many applications.

  GW> OK, not *every* application.  I over-stated the case.  But the
  GW> one-thread-one-transaction policy is arbitrary and it's just
  GW> that -- a *policy*.  As a general purpose-library, ZODB should
  GW> provide mechanism, not policy, whenever possible.

I don't know why I'm beating you up on this, but you started it
<wink>.  It's not even an arbitrary policy.  It's a really good policy
for a lot of simple applications.  We're in violent agreement that it
should be possible to choose other policies, but I think the current
one is a fine default.

Jeremy