[ZODB-Dev] BTree replaced by BTrees?

Edward Hartley hartley@comp.lancs.ac.uk
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:17:51 +0000

--Apple-Mail-2-581929371

On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 03:42  pm, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

>   EH> Hi I'm just familiarizing myself with v3.1 of Standalone ZODB
>   EH> which I've built and downloaded from Sourceforge.  Section 2.4
>   EH> of the guide refers to using BTree which is not available for
>   EH> import in the version I have built.
>
> Ed,
>
> The versions of the source code and guide available from SourceForge
> are quite old and have a number of problems.  You'd be much better off
> using the source code from cvs.zope.org and the guide from
> www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/guide/.

Thanks Andrew
I don't think the version of the guide you point to is correct either
i.e
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/guide/node14.html

----snip

# Ensure that a 'userdb' key is present
# in the root
if not dbroot.has_key('userdb'):
     import BTree
     dbroot['userdb'] = BTree.BTree()

userdb = dbroot['userdb']

----snip

I'm checking the version from zope.org cvs just now
Ed
> Andrew: I think it's time to disable the CVS repository on
> sourceforge.  What do you think?
>
> Jeremy

--Apple-Mail-2-581929371

On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 03:42  pm, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

Hartley <<hartley@comp.lancs.ac.uk> writes:

  EH> Hi I'm just familiarizing myself with v3.1 of Standalone ZODB

  EH> which I've built and downloaded from Sourceforge.  Section 2.4

  EH> of the guide refers to using BTree which is not available for

  EH> import in the version I have built.

Ed,

The versions of the source code and guide available from SourceForge

are quite old and have a number of problems.  You'd be much better off

using the source code from cvs.zope.org and the guide from

www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/guide/.

</excerpt>Thanks Andrew

I don't think the version of the guide you point to is correct either
i.e

----snip

# Ensure that a 'userdb' key is present

# in the root

if not dbroot.has_key('userdb'):

    import BTree

    dbroot['userdb'] = BTree.BTree()

userdb = dbroot['userdb']

----snip

</color></fontfamily>

I'm checking the version from zope.org cvs just now

Ed

<excerpt>Andrew: I think it's time to disable the CVS repository on

sourceforge.  What do you think?

Jeremy

</excerpt>
--Apple-Mail-2-581929371--