[ZODB-Dev] Huge Disk usage

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:50:06 +0100

At 22:32 2002-12-06 +1100, Joerg H. Baach wrote:
> > You can pack the database with "db.pack()" to get rid
> > of the old versions.
>
>Thanks for the info. Do you know where I can find docu about things like
>that?

This is poorly documented I'm afraid. I have some links at
http://www.thinkware.se/cgi-bin/thinki.cgi/ZopeObjectDataBase
but I'm not sure if things like .pack() is covered.

I guess we're supposed to read the source... :(

Actually, the Zope Bible by Bernstein et al has some
info on ZODB, such as pack and undo, 15 pages actually.
But if that's all you need from it, buying a 600+ pages
book seems a bit like overkill... Actually, the Zope Bible
came with both the Python Bible and the Zope Bible on
CD-ROM as print-disabled PDF. I don't know if the Zope
Bible PDF is available in some other CD-ROM or on the
net somehow...

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN