[ZODB-Dev] RE: B-Tree API - again!

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com (Jeremy Hylton)
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:16:49 -0500

  GM> Sorry to be re-iterate my question, but all the interesting
  GM> answers do not address our concern, namely to have a compatible
  GM> interface between B-Tree and PersistentMapping/dictionary.  Our
  GM> aim is to replace PersistentMappings by OOBTrees in a large body
  GM> of existing code, so we would profit from a do-nothing sort()
  GM> method on the OOBTreeItems object returned by keys().

It would be misleading to add a sort() method to the BTreesItems
class.  The items returned by keys() are not lists and are already
sorted.  It seems confusing at best to have a sort() method.

Matching the exact API of PersistentDict is not a goal of BTrees.
There are many differences between the two APIs (e.g. copy, pop,
setdefault).

Jeremy