[ZODB-Dev] Pickling problem caused by Python 2.2.2 ?!

Andreas Jung andreas@andreas-jung.com
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 10:03:11 +0100

--On Samstag, 7. Dezember 2002 19:52 -0500 Guido van Rossum
<guido@python.org> wrote:

>> Zope(HEAD), CMF(HEAD), Python 2.2.2 and CMFCollectorNG raised
>> an exception "Can not pickle function objects" when I a new issue
>> is submitted and commited to the ZODB. For debugging purposes I added
>> code before the last action before the commit and "print obj.__reduce__"
>> raises a "TypeError, Can't pickle objects in acquisition wrappers."
>>
>> The same problem persits with Zope 2.6 and CMF 1.3 and Python 2.2.2.
>>
>> Using Zope (2.6 or HEAD), CMF(1.3 or HEAD) and Python 2.1.3(!) works
>> fine. This smells like a critical bug caused by some incompatibility with
>> Python 2.2.2.
>>
>> Any ideas on this problem?
>
> I don't know where the code is that you're referring to, but could it
> be that it works on 2.1.3 because there's a '__metaclass__ = type'
> somewhere?

There is no such code that uses __metaclass__. What do you suggest as
next step? Submitting an official bug report? If necessary I can provide
a Zope sandbox where the error is reproducable.

Andreas

   -    Andreas Jung                     http://www.andreas-jung.com   -
  -   EMail: andreas at andreas-jung.com                              -
   -            "Life is too short to (re)write parsers"               -