[ZODB-Dev] Pickling problem caused by Python 2.2.2 ?!

Andreas Jung andreas@andreas-jung.com
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 15:31:35 +0100

--On Sonntag, 8. Dezember 2002 08:59 -0500 Guido van Rossum
<guido@python.org> wrote:

 = type'
>> > somewhere?
>>
>> There is no such code that uses __metaclass__. What do you suggest as
>> next step? Submitting an official bug report? If necessary I can provide
>> a Zope sandbox where the error is reproducable.
>
> How about posting a traceback?  I don't think this can debugged
> without knowing where the exception happens.  Once you know that,
> using a debugger to peek at variables would be the next step.  Since
> it's your site, you can do that a lot more efficiently than someone
> else.  If you post a bug report with just the above info, nothing will
> happen to it.

Here we go:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Zope.App.startup, line 200, in commit
  Module ZODB.Transaction, line 234, in commit
  Module ZODB.Transaction, line 350, in _commit_objects
  Module ZODB.Connection, line 381, in commit
   - __traceback_info__: (('Products.CMFCollectorNG.CollectorNGIssue',
'CollectorNGIssue'), '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x18\xf6', '')
  Module copy_reg, line 57, in _reduce
TypeError: can't pickle function objects

Andreas